Book a Courier
Book a Courier
- When your item has sold, go to My Sales and then go to “Book a Courier” and follow the steps. Hint: A label isn’t needed, just write it on the package. See the “Packaging” section for packaging tips!
- You don’t need to add tracking to your sale - we’ll do that for you and let the buyer know as well. Optionally, you can print a label if preferred.
- A courier will pick it up from the address you selected, and we’ll send you an email confirmation once it’s been picked up by them. Note: you don’t even need to be there when the courier arrives!
- 📹 Watch the 20-second instructional video!
- Make sure your item is securely wrapped so that there won’t be any damage to it when it’s in transit.
- You cannot use a box to send your item. Your item must be in a robust bag, but please do not use a material that is likely to result in damage to your item (such as tissue paper or newspaper).
- If you don’t have any packaging materials, we’ve added some handy links below to purchase a bulk lot of compostable bags. You’ll have spare ones for future sales too! They are available online:
- If you’re not using the above bags, please make sure the bag you use is within these sizes:
|Very Small Bag (DL)||25cm x 13cm max|
|Medium Bag (A4)||25.5cm x 32.5cm max|
|Large Bag (FS)||45cm x 36cm max|
- Pick-up is from Monday to Friday. If you are leaving a pick-up note, please make sure these are clear and that your parcel is secure, and doesn’t exceed the maximum size. You don’t need to be there when the courier arrives.
- If there are any issues with your pick-up, or you need to adjust or cancel your pick-up, please contact NZ Post directly: 0800 268 743.
- If you choose to leave an item for pick-up unattended - Designer Wardrobe and NZ Post have no liability for loss or damage to the item until the courier has applied an electronic scan to the item. learn more
Can I cancel or change a booking?
Please contact NZ Post directly if you’ve made a mistake or need to cancel or adjust your booking. If you’re cancelling your booking, please let us know and we'll refund the courier booking fee.
Phone: 0800 268 743
How much does it cost?
- Shipping rates begin at $4.64 including signature. Please note: for buyer and seller safety we do not have a non-signature option.
- The cost will vary depending on the category of your item (e.g. a top will use a medium Bag, but a jacket will use a large bag).
- You can pay directly for shipping on Designer Wardrobe using your Credit Credit.
Why is the price different to the shipping amount I entered?
Using our "Book a Courier" service when shipping your sold item is optional. When listing your item, we provide a "Book a Courier" estimation for shipping. You can then make this amount (or any amount you choose) your shipping price.
Can I send my item in a box?
You cannot use a box to send your item. Your item must be in a robust bag, but please do not use a material that is likely to result in damage to your item (such as tissue paper or newspaper).
My courier hasn't arrived on my pick-up day. What happens now?
From time to time there may be a rare circumstance that prevents your courier driver from picking your item up on the requested day. If this does happen, the pick-up will likely occur on the following working day. If your courier has still not picked up the item within 2 days, we suggesting re-booking a pick-up or contacting NZ Post directly on 0800 268 743.