Laybuy Service fee
What is Laybuy?
Laybuy lets you receive your online purchase now and spread the total cost over 6 weekly automatic payments. Interest-Free. Using Laybuy entitles you to all the same benefits as purchasing with any other method, such as DW Purchase Protection.
How do I use Laybuy when purchasing?
- Check out as normal, but simply select Pay by Laybuy when selecting your payment method.
- Returning customers only need to confirm the order to complete the purchase.
- New customers can sign up at checkout and start using Laybuy today.
- Your order is processed immediately and your payment schedule is established.
- Only a sixth is due today and the rest is split over 5 weekly automatic payments on the day of the original purchase.
Laybuy Terms (NZ)
Laybuy Terms (AU)
Why does DW charge a Service Fee for using Laybuy?
As an example, a $50 purchase would incur a one-time fee of just $2.48.
We are very excited to be able to offer the Laybuy service on Designer Wardrobe, and we know our members love it! Not only does it give more convenient purchase options for our Buyers, but for Sellers it means items are even more likely to sell. However, it's important to note that unlike traditional retailers - Designer Wardrobe charges a small service fee.
We get it, no-one likes fees (neither do we) - but we hope you can appreciate there are a few reasons we need to do it:
1. As a peer-to-peer marketplace (that is facilitating transactions between 2 individuals) we only take a small "success fee" when an item is sold, and because of that, we need to pass on the extra "Merchant fees" that are charged to us for purchases. Traditional retailers are able to factor in the cost of a service such as Laybuy due to much higher markups (typically 200-300% of its cost price) when items are sold.
2. It helps to cover the custom implementation and maintenance of the Laybuy service on Designer Wardrobe, as well as the extra administration time involved.
To avoid these Payment fees, you can use any other payment method available to you.